Friday, April 20, 2012

Anger

"Anger" is an emotional prose poem, in which I personalized Anger and gave it a gender. I further described his motivation and power. This poem was first in paragraph form, but I changed it to stanzas because I thought it worked better. And now, let me introduce you to Anger. He's a little angry.




Anger is quick and rash.

He can attack even the mildest of victims,
Overpowering their calculating rationality
And sometimes even fear.

He is a fiery red dragon,
Standing tall on his back legs,
Ready to break down the castle door.

We often try to ignore him or
Hide him behind calm expressions and little white lies.
But anger can never truly disappear.
He just lies in wait,
Preparing to break through all of your defenses
With a battering ram.

Anger can possess you and transform you,
Turning you into your worst nightmare.

To conquer him, you must look into his eyes and
ROAR.

No comments:

Post a Comment